Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Four eyes

Firstly may I apologise to all loyal readers, for not having posted any pictures yet. They have been taken in abundance, but my poor overloaded computer is playing up and rejecting further
software, so as and when I am able to solve this difficulty, you will enjoy the sights that I see.

On my travels, I have become fascinated and delighted both at the same time, at the unusual eye gear I have seen people sporting. It is lovely to see, how this city is split into two if not three types of dress. The conservative/traditional versus the more modern. I am accustomed to a more modern hairstyle, whether it be shaggy, spikes or even colored (no blonde though), but the range of modern glasses is quite daring and remarkable. From stripes, shapes, bold colors and the regular, it takes the brave to sport such eye wear and when I do see them, I signal my approval either with a smile, hand gesture or words.

On the other hand, for a people that love their dogs, they also have no guilt about wearing an
animal around their collar of their winter coat, or on a full version. Whereas the rest of the world steers away from being seen in these furry beasts, here no one bats an eye or throws a bad word or worse. Strange.

No comments: