Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shalom to you all

What better way to start the blog this week, but with the word Shalom.
Thank you for your comments and for joining on. I appreciate all feedback, it shows that you care, are interested and maybe I have succeeded in igniting a thought. I wish I could say that the world is not
complicated and hard, but it is. Is there justice in it? I would like to believe that there is. I too have had my fair share of hardships, loss and
pain, but on the other side, I have been blessed. Not only of course with
the great luck of bringing up the 'four', but great friendships.

Of course not all of us can count ourselves fortunate enough to have a best friend, maybe not even close friends, but I have. I have always tried to follow the rule, that if you are a good person and try to do your best or the right thing for or to others, life has a way of paying you back.

I have been richer than some and poorer than others, but it has always been my belief that it is all for a reason, that we receive only what we can
handle. This thought has kept me going, as well as the love and constant support of my children, the ability to keep working, the help of a friend that has fortunately been able to carry me through till now.

Is it perfect, no, would I too like more? Well, that is relative. For what I would define as more, you may not. I feel for the people of Tibet, both the ones that are caught in the middle and those who stand on the side. I say again, how can I judge, when I live in a homeland that itself is caught in strife. Sitting here during the past week, I can appreciate and feel the frustration of those who see that all is not shown, as you feel it should be, we live with that daily in our lives in Israel.

But, do not forget the innocents who are hurt along the way. There is no such thing as clean war, neither in battle or in the difference of opinion itself. Remember too, as we of Israel so well know, when you start giving back, where will it end. In our case, only if we go into the sea, as our adversaries wish.

As for China, the start is always the hardest part, for where will it end. Give in to one and the others will demand it too. For a country as large as this, that has seen the changes in others of similar circumstance, you can only wonder at the thoughts going through the leaders minds. I am only commenting, not judging, but nevertheless, in answer to your comment anonymous about Tibet, I too have asked that question about America and the Indians many a time, but again, I am not a politician, just a person looking in through a window. We all wish for peace, that is not meant as a cliche, just a hope that we will all find a measure of it, on all sides of the globe.

No comments: