Saturday, May 17, 2008

Disappearing Act

Hi there everyone, thank you for your concern that I disappeared and for that I apologise. A lot has happened over the last two weekends and I have been unable to get to the computer to write in the latest events, both in China and
abroad, but will be uploading all the details in the next few days. I appreciate your interest and patience.

Let us suffice to say, that during the May Labor break I took my first baby steps into the 'authentic' China and I am not sure who was the greater relic, myself or the antiquities that I went to see. It seems that blonde's who are left handed, wear a skirt and short socks and are not young and travelling alone, seem to attract a lot of unwanted attention!

Next the 'visa' almost impossible situation of pre- Olympic mania, has forced me
to leave China and go to seek the 'important' pictorial stamp in ones passport
elsewhere. So documentation + in hand I travelled home to see my brood (kids) and grand-'kiddie', which was both an event and delight.

Returning proved to be in itself a story, both of delays and unexpected happenings, flying through the Ukraine and finally landing, delayed of course,
in China and back at work, sitting on my favorite computer chair and position at the computer, writing to you all.

But alas, as the hour is late and I still have to travel home and be up and about
for work early on the morrow, I beg your further indulgence and will begin to relate my adventures in a couple of days. Looking forward to your continued
logging in to my stories and your comments too...... Beverley

No comments: