Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Broken Head!

In a changing world of finance and Internet, where everything can be bought and all is possible, it
is still nice to see that some things never change. Days at the hotel soon fell into a routine, a
pleasant one at that, especially as good as their word, my hotel room was changed for a different
one.

This new room was newer in furnishings, but the layout a little less comfortable and harder to
manoeuvre with the wheelchair, but never the less, the hotel Lev in Jerusalem had been more than accommodating. I keep joking that everyone should walk around with a plaster cast, as the
help and attention you get when something goes wrong, is very different to that when you are
without it, but on the other hand, you can also get largely ignored whilst being wheeled down the
road and no one bothers to look down and either ends up banging into you, or tripping over your
offending foot!

So days into my hotel stay, upon trying to get myself into the bath, I was unable to take down the shower head and consequently it fell and broke off in the bath. Feeling vulnerable and not
knowing quite what to do, I called down to the front desk and told them that there was something wrong with my shower. Immediately a maintenance man came to 'fix' the damage.
Upon seeing the broken head, he started to berate me for my negligence, but as soon as he
turned and saw my predicament, he retracted his tone and began to apologize for the fact
that the facilities had not been adequate to face my needs and changed it without a further word
of complaint!

No comments: