Friday, June 6, 2008

Croc Mania

Well, it is festive time again and this time it coincides with the Jewish Holiday of Shavouot. It is my favorite one, for all those that know me, are bound to remember that I cannot say no to any 'irresistible' cheese, whether it be white, yellow or have blue bits in it, I am mad about 'it!' So, back to what I started, the
time for all the locals to pull out their assorted best is upon us again and it will be 'baby' show time as if the days are sunny and dry, all will be awash with strollers, carriers, proud fathers and grandfathers, all eager to show off their
offspring.

During the last break, I was a noticeable fashion icon, in my bright yellow crocs
and maybe spotted only another few pairs dotted here and there, but due to an
all out campaign of the brand, 'Crocs Mania' is hitting this town. Thanks to the company themselves, I am now a proud owner of Scutes (kingfisher blue) and
another pair of the 'regulars' in the finest palest blue too! As I already attract
attention, it seems now that I have earned a further following and comment section just on my plastic shoes!!

Last holiday I was sitting in Xian, under the drum ancient drum tower, imagining its beating in a distant past. Here in a country of 52 races, 51 ethnic
minorities and 1 majority it is always interesting to sit and observe as opposed to being .....

In a country full of holiday revellers, a charming site is when you see a family sitting down together playing cards and enjoying their game, whilst in another corner, the old folks are playing poker! But lastly, the charming site
of a larger family, all sporting cartoon (Disney) t-shirts with the family name on
as a logo.

For all that is said about China, at the end of the day, one has to admire their
family values. We may not understand all their ways, or habits, but a sense of
respect and honor for each other, is apparent and heart warming to see.

No comments: